Thursday, September 30, 2010
The perfect 10 Diet
I was introduced to this book by my friend Barb and I'm so excited to be reading this! The cover of the book says there are 10 key hormones that hold the secret to losing weight. One thing that I read right from the start was that we as Americans are not eating enough fat........good fat that is! A lack of natural fat in your diet can actually make you gain weight. I've known this for awhile but have just recently started testing this theory. Fats slow down the absorption of food, stabilize blood sugar levels, decrease cravings and make you feel full. Get this, fats balance insulin, your natural hunger hormone. Can you believe this?? We have been told for years to eat low fat this and low fat that...not true! Somebody break out the fresh guacamole and let's have a party because now we can eat full of fat, yummy avocados!! The fats this book is talking about are those blessed little things called omega-3 fatty acids. You can find these good for you fats in eggs, fish, nuts, flax seed, avocados and more (that I don't even know about myself yet!) I'm so excited to report that after a couple of weeks of eating higher "good" fat type foods, I've lost a few pounds! I feel amazing and I'm staying full longer. I will keep reading this wonderful book that is literally changing my life and post more later. Until then, enjoy the journey.......http://product.half.ebay.com/The-Perfect-10-Diet_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ77948053
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment